Monday, February 23, 2009

A Rant

Ok ok, so I got snoopy. What can I say; I have to much time on my hands. In my snoopiness I read something. . . something that struck me. Its a post by Stephen speaking on the Knoxville bmx scene. He tells of how he was going to blast about how unromantically horrible our scene can be. I agree with him, yet respectably disagree aswell. Yes. we have some thick skulled, dumbass, and just mostly moranic kids (including myself). But on the other hand I think that is what makes our scene great. We are a mix match of the dumbest most pathic people around these parts. Hardly any of us truely ever agree/like eachother, but again, that is what makes us great in my eyes. I have been on to many road trips and to many cities not to love our scene.

Everywhere else I have been feels more like a highschool click to me; more than a scene. These scenes have been to intertwined with eachother so long that they have become clones in a world that is suppose to be a structure of indivdualistic people searching for a reason to exist more than just a paycheck and a kiss on the cheek.

Nashville for example has become a horrible cloneing factory of Nathan William's es. Every rider has the same bike, same clothes, SAME FUCKING STYLE, and the exact same tricks. This of course breaks my itty little tiny heart because then bmx to me has lost its entire meaning! Here it switches from some crazy little expierment of self growth to a creepy little click of kids who havent quiet forgotten just how it felt to fit in, in highschool.

So to conclude my hopeless and useless rant I must say. Stephen you are so very very right; all of the bmx scene here is a bunch of bullshit. We are ununited, unorganized, and unwilling and in alot of ways we suck because of this. But for now Im going to try to turn a hopefull eye to the brighter side of our scene and look at how all of our flaws add up to make our uniqueness; which I honestly and truely believe that in all of its cheesy, wanna be hopless romantisim is BMX. And damnit, I hope it stays that way. . . . well kinda.


As for the skatepark. I hate skater/biker drama and I hate the idea of not being able to ride one of my favorite places in this entire city to ride, but if that happens I hope that we could just crudge through it and take some hammers to some copeing. Hey, technically Im still a kid so I sorta kinda have the right to be thick headed. . . . well kinda.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you man about being diverse and everyone having their own style. This DOES make our scene great.

    I have a strange feeling though, that Stephen was probably referring (mostly) to the thieves that seem proud that they are on a bike that is not truly theirs. Yeah, the redneck drama that some of Murville brings can be aggrivating. But at least they are still respectful in most ways.

    In my opinion, we have a great scene as long as you count the TRUE bmx'ers in it. We/they/you know who those persons are.

    LET'S RIDE! (assuming your ankle is better...)

    p.s. thanks for changing the comment prefs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am a salty old fuck. I hate on things and that is just my way. I am Knoxville's creepy BMX uncle.

    Just be patient with me. My dementia will make me funnier sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, holy shit! Somebody reads my blog!

    ReplyDelete